Crosstalk: January 7, 2019
Below is a sample of what Jim offered listeners on this edition of the ‘Round-Up’.
- Democrat Nancy Pelosi was elected Speaker of the House of Representatives yesterday with 220 votes.
- President Trump made his first appearance in the White House briefing room yesterday afternoon congratulating Nancy Pelosi and saying that he hopes they can get lots of things done.
- House Democrats passed a bill attempting to end the partial government shutdown that also funds Planned Parenthood.
- Democrats moved to offer protections to Special Counsel Robert Mueller that would prevent him from being fired by President Trump.
- U.S. Representative Donna Shalala, speaking at a human rights campaign event in D.C., says the Democratic controlled U.S. House of Representatives will pass the Equality Act. This act would add sexual orientation and gender identity to federal civil rights laws.
- The adult daughter of Nancy Pelosi comments about her mother’s political style.
- The House passed legislation to end the government shutdown but the measure appears to be dead on arrival in the Senate
- Congressman Brad Sherman of Sherman Oaks has announced that he and another congressman have reintroduced articles of impeachment against President Trump.
- New Michigan Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib uses an expletive in speaking to supporters regarding the desire to impeach President Trump.
- Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib wiped Israel off the world map in her office, replacing it with ‘Palestine’.
- Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib used Thomas Jefferson’s Qur’an in swearing-in ceremony while claiming that Muslims were there at the beginning.
- Representative Jennifer Wexton of Virginia placed a transgender flag outside her office one day after the swearing-in ceremony.
- North Carolina Democrat Governor Roy Cooper attended a fund-raiser hosted by a transgender rights activist who’s a registered sex offender.
- City, state and federal agencies are looking into a hate-filled e-mail sent to a restaurant that was frequented by talk radio host Michael Savage. It threatens to shoot up the business if Savage isn’t denied future service.
- 17 Democratic attorneys general appealed a federal court ruling that would strike down all of Obamacare.
- Russia is deploying long-range precision cruise missiles to the Western Atlantic that American defense officials say will allow Moscow to target Washington as well as other East Coast cities with conventional or nuclear attacks.
- The U.S. State Department is officially warning citizens about travel to China.
Sorry, only Situation Room Members can download this episode.Click Here to Join For as Little as $8.99/month.