The Way Many of Us View Barack Hussein Obama<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Dennis A. Wright, D.Min.
There is no question that the Presidential Election of 2008 has been by far the most interesting-as well as the most critical-election campaign in decades. Not since the election of Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1932 has the prospect for such fundamental-and radical-change been foisted upon this great nation of ours. Under Roosevelt this nation took several giant strides toward socialism. Under Obama we shall be running headlong into the waiting arms of socialism-thinking all the while that government can cure all our problems. Wrong!
There are many issues with Barack Hussein Obama that should trouble any thinking American. He is, among other things, a socialist, an advocate of Black Liberation Theology (witness twenty years under the preaching of Rev. Jeremiah Wright), a proponent of abortion for any reason at any time during the gestation period, a supporter of domestic terrorism (witness his close relationship with William Ayers), and one who is willing to financially support the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) which is currently heavily involved in voter registration fraud in many swings states. Rumors persist that he is not even a native born American citizen, thus making him constitutionally ineligible to become President of the United States of America.
These things and many others trouble me about Barack Hussein Obama. Many profound articles have been written about why an Obama victory would be an abomination for America. However, I ran across the following just this morning, and it is fabulous! It was written by a twenty-year-old college student at the University of North Carolina and posted on her Facebook account on her college network. In my lifetime I have voted in many presidential elections, but this will be the first vote for President that this young collegian will cast. What she has to say is profound!
Dear Barack Obama,
I have followed your campaign closely, including the speeches you and others made at the Democratic National Convention. I am respectfully providing you with seven simple reasons why I could never vote for you. I believe my opinion is shared by many people. While there may not be quite enough to prevent you from becoming president of this nation, I do think there is an awakening to the fact that you are not a (the) messiah that the media and liberal Hollywood entertainers are trying to portray you.
1. I hear your mantra of change, change, change. Yet, you picked a long term, liberal, Washington insider (Joe Biden) to be your running mate. This is NOT change. It is a move that hypocritically refutes the very thing you supposedly stand for. Your campaign then slammed McCain for picking Sarah Palin, apparently, because she is NOT a Washington insider. She is a maverick who cleaned-up Alaska's quagmire of political scandals. Which way is it, Barack? Is it okay for you to pick a Washington insider under the mantra of "change", but not okay for John McCain to pick a smart, aggressive, reformer?
2. You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you may very well be an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation. I am not racist. I have some biases just like you and every other human alive. Unlike the Democratic Party who claims to be for the minority (but their record heavily refutes this), I will give any person who truly needs help, help. Your lovely wife so disappointed people like me during this campaign when she stated it was the first time she had ever been proud of this country. She apparently never noticed the massive aid we give dozens of other countries. She apparently never noticed the sacrifice of literally millions of veterans who helped make this country a free nation and helped liberate other nations from brutal dictators such as Adolf Hitler. She apparently does not remember that she attended Ivy League universities with scholarship money that ultimately (at least some of it) was paid for by our taxes. This troubles me more than you know. She is an angry black woman who appears to not like her country very much. I don't want her representing me to the rest of the world.
3. You claim Christianity but apparently do not realize that the Bible teaches that he who does not work, does not eat. The Bible does not say or even suggest that he who CANNOT work, should not eat. Yet, your liberal policies reward people who are capable of working, but choose to not do so. This bothers me. I know that if you are elected our taxes will spiral upwards. You should heed the words of Winston Churchill: "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." If I like anything about you, it is your campaign promise to balance the federal budget. Unfortunately, we have heard this a huge number of times from a number of different politicians and we realize that when you energize the very liberal Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, etc, etc, and the many other Democrats like them, a balanced budget will never, ever happen on your watch.
4. During your question and answer session with Rick Warren of Saddleback Church your answer concerning the question of where does life begin, stunned me: "Above your pay grade?" Does this mean when something bad happens as President of this nation that you are going to look at your salary to determine if you can respond? I am sorry, but this was the most serious gaffe I have seen you make. Frankly, it shows me that you are pandering in the most obvious manner. You will choose your words not from your heart, but from an agenda that I believe is still hidden from the American people.
5. If anything stands out about you it is probably your appeasement mentality. In this era of rampant, radical Islamic extremism and with the latest stunt pulled by the re-energized Russian government, I am not sure appeasement is healthy. I again revert to the words of Winston Churchill: "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
6. You and your party tacitly believe that a 13 or 14 year old girl must have their parents approval to have the school nurse provide them with a Tylenol when they have a headache at school. Yet, this same girl can become pregnant and the school can skirt her off to a clinic and abort the child in her body without the parents knowing or being notified. This scares the hell out of me. You have two little girls. Would you be upset if this happened to them and you were not informed? Then why do you stand for this? It makes no sense to me.
7. My seventh and final point (for now) is your supporters. I have watched the Hollywood entertainers that support you, systematically embrace Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and others like him. I see the continuous smut and garbage produced by Hollywood, the very people who promote you the most vigorously. It is not a positive point to me and others like me to see these over-paid, bizarre, poor examples of human existence fawn over you and push you and your liberal agenda as hard as they do. The way that I see it; "When the devil is for you, we should question whether or not we should be against you."
In closing, I just want you to know that you scare me. I cannot vote for you. It is not because of your skin color. It is because these items and many, many others like them. Do not claim that my dislike for you is race based. It is because I do not feel you have the best interests of this nation at heart.
Dr. Dennis A. Wright is Founder and President of Understanding The Times Ministries. An accomplished writer and educator, Wright has spoken in churches and conferences all across America on spiritual counterfeits and Christian Worldview topics. He can be emailed at Dennis@UnderstandingTheTimes.org and his new website can be found at www.UnderstandingTheTimes.org.
Worldview Weekend Foundation
PO BOX 1690
Collierville, TN, 38027 USA