Fast Facts on Mormonism The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Mormons declare that the Book of Mormon is a second testament of Jesus Christ. However, unlike the Bible, the Book of Mormon fails the tests of historical, archaeological, or geographical confirmation for its claims.
- Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bone and was once a mortal man who evolved to become a god (counter: John 4:24; Malachi 3:6; Psalm 90:2).
- Mormons are polytheists and believe that all male Mormons can become gods themselves (counter: Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8).
- Mormonism teaches that Jesus is the spirit brother of Satan, that he was conceived through physical relations between Father God and Mary, and that our salvation is not based solely on the cross and blood of Jesus Christ. Notice, you will never see a cross on a Mormon church or temple (counter: John 1:1-3; Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:35; 1 John 1:7-9; Colossians 1:19-20).
- Mormonism is a religion of works that denies the truth of salvation by grace alone through faith alone (counter: Ephesians 2:8-9; John 6:28-29).
For more information on Mormonism please visit our website and online bookstore.