Obama Wants a Climate Czar...But Al Gore Has No Consensus
December 2, 2008
By Tom DeWeese
Former Vice President Al Gore had quite a year. He produced an Oscar-winning film warning of the coming global warming Armageddon. The film and his activism led to a Nobel Prize. Flush from those victories, Gore "took the Hill," as he testified before a hushed hearing room in his old Senate haunt, predicting more dire consequences if global warming isn't stopped. All of that was followed by mass rallies across the nation, with energized college students; editorials and magazine covers, and even legislation in Congress to curtail the use of carbon fuels. Gore concluded his triumphant moment in the spotlight with a major address in Washington on July 17, 2008, in which he boldly laid out his plan for a "wrenching transformation" of society he deemed necessary for man to survive.
That was the highlight of his life and probably his last hurrah, because ever since, an inconvenient truth found in science is showing (as I've reported over and over on these pages) that global warming is not man-made. In addition, scientists are finding more global cooling than heating and that too is not man-made. To add insult to injury for poor Al, the legislation in Congress was defeated with the help of 30% of Democrats. Now scientists around the world have begun to speak out against Gore's zealotry. In short, Al has no scientific consensus.
In his dramatic road show, Gore warns, "The leading experts predict that we have less than 10 years to make dramatic changes on our global warming pollution lest we lose our ability to ever recover from this environmental crisis." Of course, Gore has been warning of a "10 year tipping point" for several years.
In fact, the UN started to warn of a 10-year countdown in 1989. That's when the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) warned that entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend was not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of "eco-refugees," threatening political chaos.
Twenty years later and as Al continues to issue the same tired warning, there has been no chaos, no flooding and no eco-refugees. However, what has occurred is an outpouring of dissent against the theory of human caused global warming fears.
Here is just a sample of the headlines in the global warming story in 2008:
- RUSSIAN SCIENTISTS CHALLENGE CLIMATE CHANGE CONSENSUS - Russian scientists 'reject the very idea that carbon dioxide may be responsible for global warming' - The Hindu India's National Newspaper: July 10, 2008:
- 'Considerable presence' of global warming skeptics exist, science group admits July 16, 2008 Australian Herald
- India Issues Report Challenging Global Warming Fears
July 9, 2008
- Team of 13 International Scientists Write Letter To UN Sec. Gen. IPCC 'Must be called to account and cease its deceptive practices' - 14th of July, 2008)
- Australian scientist reverses view on man-made warming! Now says 'new evidence has seriously weakened' the case - (By Mathematician, Rocket Scientist & Engineer Dr. David Evans, who did carbon accounting for the Australian Government) July 18, 2008
- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics Declares Himself Dissenter 'I am a skeptic' July 2, 2008
- Top UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Turns on IPCC. Calls Warming Fears: 'Worst scientific scandal in the history' June 27, 2008 - By Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist who specializes in optical waveguide spectroscopy from the Yokohama National University, also contributed to the 2007 UN IPCC AR4 (fourth assessment report) as an expert reviewer.)
- New scientific paper shows CO2's effect on temperature was overstated 500-2000% - Published in Physics and Society journal of the American Physical Society July 2008)
- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Roy Spencer, formerly of NASA, presented 'smoking gun' analysis showing UN IPCC models significantly overstated climate sensitivity to human climate forcings' - June 17, 2008
- Arctic ice INCREASES by nearly a half million square miles over this time last year - July 18, 2008
- New Study Exposes UN IPCC as 'single-interest organization' with echo chamber process July 15, 2008 By Climate data analyst John McLean
- Atmospheric Physicist James Peden Dissents from man-made CO2 Fears 'The so-called Greenhouse Effect is a Myth' Peden is formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh and Extranuclear Laboratories in Blawnox, Pennsylvania, studying ion-molecule reactions in the upper atmosphere.)
- South African Scientist: 'There is no evidence man-made CO2 causes climate change' By Dr. Kelvin Kemm, formerly a scientist at South Africa's Atomic Energy Corporation.
- Climatologist dismisses extreme weather predictions due to man-made warming as 'complete nonsense' Climatologist Stewart Franks
- Another Scientist Smacks Down Fear Mongers: Midwest Floods and 'Completely Unjustified' Climate Change Fear Mongering June 22, 2008 - By Mike Smith is a certified consulting meteorologist and a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society He is CEO of WeatherData Services, Inc., an AccuWeather Company, based in Wichita.
- Another scientist Dissents: MIT's Rose: Cooler heads needed in global warming debate (By Robert Rose is a professor of Materials Science and Engineering at MIT with approximately 50 years of experience teaching various scientific disciplines at the graduate and undergraduate levels)
- Veteran UN Climate Scientist Resigns Science Group in Protest: "AN ORCHESTRATED LITANY OF LIES" By UN IPCC Chemist Dr. Vincent Gray
- Prominent scientist refutes his own theory, finds warming does not increase hurricanes July 15, 2008 - Dr. Kerry Emanuel, an MIT professor of atmospheric science
- Another prominent hurricane expert reconsiders view: New study says global warming not worsening hurricanes May 19, 2008 - By Meteorologist Tom Knutson of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's fluid dynamics lab in Princeton, N.J.
- Arctic ice has actually increased by nearly a half million square miles over this time last year- July 18, 2008
- Earth's 'Fever' Breaks: Global COOLING Currently Under Way
- UK Scientist Calls Man-Made Warming Fears 'Dangerous Nonsense of the Age' July 17, 2008 - By Biogeography Professor Philip Stott, emeritus of the University of London
- Oceans Cooling! Scientists puzzled by "mystery of global warming's missing heat" - March 19, 2008
- Climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer, formerly of NASA, found not one peer-reviewed paper has 'ruled out a natural cause for most of our recent warmth' March 20, 2008
- UN IPCC in 'Panic Mode' as Earth Fails to Warm, Scientist says March 25, 2008
- Scientists find dust free atmosphere may be responsible for up to .36 F rise in global temps March 3, 2008
- Analysis in peer-reviewed journal finds cold periods not warm periods see increase in floods, droughts, storms, famine April 24, 2008
- MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen's March 2008 presentation of data from the Hadley Centre of the UK Met Office found the Earth has had "no statistically significant warming since 1995."
- An International team of scientists released a March 2008 report to counter UN IPCC, declaring: "Nature, Not Human Activity, Rules the Climate"
- Emitting MORE CO2 may 'be good for life on Earth', says climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer, formerly of NASA in May 2008.
- New Report finds global sea ice GROWING: 'World sea ice in April 2008 reached levels that were 'unprecedented' for the month of April in over 25 years.'
- Former Colorado State Climatologist Pielke Sr. Rails Against 'Abuse of the scientific method' in global warming study
- Swedish scientists: 'No concrete global warming proof in polar region' June 21, 2008
- Study: 'Absolutely no evidence of warming for all of Antarctica' July 1, 2008 Study conducted by Vesa Laine of the Finnish Meteorological Institute in Helsinki; the work was funded by the Academy of Finland and the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation
- Flashback: 'Global Warming Will Stop,' New Peer-Reviewed Study Says - Global Warming Takes a Break for Nearly 20 Years?
- Cooling Underway: Global Temperature Continues to Drop in May - 'Significantly Colder' - 16-month temperature drop of -0.774°C!
- Alaska sees 'longest stretch of no-nineties in the Alaska climate record, since 1904' June 25, 2008 - By Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Peru declares state of emergency due to record-breaking cold spell 61 children die June 19, 2008
- Meteorologist says Man-Made Global Warming Movement 'Rapidly Running Out of Gas' - In past year (By Meteorologist James Spann) - June 17, 2008
And yet, Al Gore and his legions continue to pass global warming off as the greatest threat ever to man's survival. Not only have they called for "Nuremburg-type trials to silence skeptics but even for civil disobedience "to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration."
Why does he continue the campaign in light of so much proof to the contrary? Why does new President Barack Obama want to create a cabinet position for a "Climate Czar" even though there is so much proof that man-made global warming is little more than a hoax? Because the issue is not, and never has been about saving the planet. It is about enforcing a new economic "ecologarchy" that seeks to control our every action from the top. We used to call it socialism, now we call it going green.
Tom DeWeese is the President of the American Policy Center and the Editor of The DeWeese Report. The DeWeese Report is now available online.
Distributed by www.worldviewweekend.com
Disclaimer: Worldview Weekend, Christian Worldview Network and its columnists do not necessarily endorse or agree with every opinion expressed in every article posted on this site. We do however, encourage a healthy and friendly debate on the issues of our day. Whether you agree or disagree, we encourage you to post your feedback by using the feedback button.
Printer Friendly Version |
Return to home |
Send this article to a friend
Man made global warming is a lie.
Global warming is not man made. Mars and the other planets and moons are heating up too. We don't even need fossil fuels. We can use personal oxyhydrogen generators (HH O)and non poluting electricity, practically free.
|Posted On: 12/05/08 07:32:13 PM
||Age 33, RI
Click Here to Watch Now
Ebook + Hard Cover
Click Here for Details
Sign up to receive our
FREE Biblical Worldview Newsletter!