Crosstalk: January 21, 2019
Jim brought details concerning these and other stories on this week’s edition of the ‘Round-Up’.
- The 46th annual March for Life takes place today to end abortion.
- Vice President Mike Pence will represent the president at the March for Life Rose Dinner.
- The photo of a Brazilian father praying over his newborn son takes Internet by storm.
- An Atlanta area man has been accused of plotting terror in Washington.
- Republican leaders slammed Democrats last Sunday after reports that about 30 Democratic members of Congress traveled to Puerto Rico last weekend to meet with lobbyists and to see a performance of a hit Broadway show.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took the step Wednesday of urging President Trump to delay his State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends or submit the address in writing.
- President Trump abruptly denied military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a foreign trip just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning decision that followed her call to delay the State of the Union address.
- The White House scrapped a scheduled trip by several cabinet members to the World Economic Forum in Switzerland citing the partial government shutdown.
- President Trump signed a bill authorizing back-pay for federal workers after the partial government shutdown ends.
- Congressional Democrats rejected President Trump’s invitation to a lunch meeting at the White House to discuss security at the border.
- A group of ‘Angel Moms’ protested inside the office of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer calling on him to support President Trump’s plan for a border wall.
- Customs and border protection agents were able to apprehend a previously deported child sex offender who tried re-entering the country with other foreign nationals.
- Prayer rugs, typically used in Islamic worship, have been found by ranchers and farmers near the U.S. Mexico border in recent months.
- Federal officials seized enough fentanyl last year to kill nearly twice the entire population of the U.S.
- About 1,000 Central American migrants marched freely through the Guatemala/Mexico border today after gates were left wide open with Mexican authorities standing down from confronting the caravan.
- Many newly elected ‘freshmen’ Democrats want to negotiate with President Trump concerning the border wall.
- Chuck Schumer appears to be against the government shutdown over border wall funding, yet only a month ago he was asking for President Trump to support billions in green energy subsidies.
- On January 15th, a judge stopped the commerce secretary’s decision to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census.
- The left-wing media criticized the wife of Vice President Mike Pence who wants to be a part-time, volunteer art teacher at a Christian school. The criticism stems from the school’s biblical values.
- A Mississippi pastor was gunned down while opening his church last weekend for services
Sorry, only Situation Room Members can download this episode.Click Here to Join For as Little as $8.99/month.