Crosstalk: February 4, 2019
Here’s part of the news story line-up from this week’s edition of the ‘Round-Up’:
- –Democratic Delegate Kathy Tran of Virginia, who sponsored legislation that would permit abortion right up to the moment of birth, is also the chief patron of a bill that would protect the lives of Fall Cankerworms during certain months.
- –Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said that if a mother’s in labor the infant would be delivered and kept comfortable and resuscitated if that’s what the mother and family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.
- –The U.S. Senate is scheduled to vote this Monday on a bill to protect babies born alive after failed abortions (S-130).
- –New York State’s new law allowing abortion virtually up to the moment of birth conflicts with the fact that modern technology allows physicians to do heart surgery and other medical procedures on unborn babies as early as 22 weeks.
- –Lawmakers in Tennessee are putting together ‘heartbeat’ legislation (HB-77).
- –Planned Parenthood is rolling out a brand new product designed to cut out any middle-man between themselves and kids. A new automated chat program will directly answer whatever questions your children between 13-17 may have about sex.
- –A Kansas man was charged in federal court with making threats last August to kill Operation Rescue staff members and to rape their daughters.
- –Parents in support of water polo players at Palm Springs High School gathered in front of the swim center to express their concerns over 3 girls who said they described a man showering in the women’s locker room. Police did not pursue the case as they said no laws were broken.
- –2 homosexuals married by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg have been arrested on rape accusations after a young musician claimed that he was left bleeding after blacking out at an after-show party.
- –A study released last week by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that just under 2% of high school students said they were transgender, meaning their sense of gender identity did not align with their sex.
- –House Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address on Tuesday, February 5th.
- –The Trump administration has announced it will suspend its obligations under a decades-old Cold War arms control pact with Russia tomorrow citing Moscow’s violation of the law (the INF Treaty).
- –The Trump administration stepped up its pressure campaign on Venezuela’s socialist president hitting the nation’s state owned oil company with sanctions.
- –The European Union is ready to open up an alternate channel to drive trade and finance with Iran that would sidestep U.S. sanctions against the Islamic republic.
- –President Trump has donated his 2018 third quarter salary of $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- –A Chinese space station being built in Argentina is shrouded in secrecy and has sparked conspiracy theories.
- –Last year China unveiled its new armed unmanned aerial vehicle designed for high altitude air strike and reconnaissance missions.
- –A Defense Department official agreed with 2 Republican lawmakers that President Trump does not need to declare a national emergency to get military assistance in providing a border wall.
- –Nancy Pelosi said on Wednesday that congressional conferees working on a border security deal agree that there should be sizable funding for food, clothing, medical care for immigrants, as well as funding for more judges to adjudicate immigration cases.
- –7 friends and relatives of an illegal immigrant accused of killing a California police officer the day after Christmas were indicted on federal charges for allegedly helping the man attempt to flee to Mexico.
Sorry, only Situation Room Members can download this episode.Click Here to Join For as Little as $8.99/month.